We are looking for Senior Backend Engineers for our client. They are a fast-growing company that’s developing enterprise-level software and redefining employee communication in the workplace. Together with the client, we are building a talented, senior-level, brand-new remote tech team. Are you the senior developer to join that team?
If yes, you will work closely with a superb Backend Team based in Helsinki. It does not matter where your location is as long as it’s roughly in the same time zone. The client’s backend gurus develop with Golang but considering your vast technical background, you could learn it fast, so no need to stress if it’s not yet your biggest strength.
As a Backend Engineer, you will work on the following:
– Continuously build a clean, testable, scalable (microservices) back-end
– Optimize all (Postgre) SQL queries using `EXPLAIN`
– Minimize backend to database round trips
– Work with third-party APIs and keep track of changes in them
– Perform debugging, quality control testing and response to user complaints
– Stay up-to-date on new technology, development tools, and emerging standards
– Maintain documentation of RESTful endpoints and APIs to be used by (web) front-end and mobile apps
– Work with cloud hosting services: AWS and GCP
The main requirements for this role are:
– Have senior-level backend development background in distributed/scalable systems with high traffic web applications and at least 10+ years of work experience
– Already experienced with Golang and possess also skills in Java
– Are familiar with both SQL and NoSQL databases, especially Postgres
– Expertise in Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
– Know container management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, other…)
– Have experience/interest in site security, logging, and monitoring
– Have knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing, etc
– Are familiar and have experience with these buzzwords (preferably with more/all): Kafka/event sourcing, microservices
– Have a background in automated build pipeline / continuous integration e.g. using Jenkins or Gitlab
– Excellent communication skills in English and experience of working in a remote multinational team setting is considered as a benefit for this role
While not critical requirements, it would be great if you are:
– Experienced with Unit testing and preferably have previous experience with TDD, and
– Have experience and willingness sometimes work with frontend (React) and/or mobile (Swift / Java)
Location: Remote (Client located in Helsinki, Finland)
Workload: Fulltime (150 hours/month)
Start date: ASAP (negotiable)
Duration: Long-term, open-ended (Collaboration starts with a 6-month contract)
Language: Fluent English
Target rate: Eastern European rate (negotiable, depending on your experience level)
Are you interested?
If this opportunity interests you and you would like to know more, forward your CV immediately to email@example.com.
Your remote team members will represent the following roles: backend engineer, frontend engineer, mobile engineer, UX designer, and a QA specialist. If you know someone looking for a similar opportunity in these areas, feel free to let them know as well!