For a long-term project with our client in Espoo, Finland, we are seeking a Backend Java/Server Developer to join a supportive team in a renowned gaming company. This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled co-workers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a huge global audience.
You need a proven record implementing and maintaining server backends. You should have experience and a good understanding of designing, implementing and testing server functionalities. You will be working closely with other server and client programmers, game producers and game designers. It is meritorious to have a good understanding of game architectures and technologies. Naturally, we are looking for someone with good analytical problem-solving skills.
Your tasks in this project
You will be working with the team in the following areas:
– Design, implement and test game backend functionality for games
– Create, maintain and operate the game server cloud infrastructures
– Ensure that game backends are efficient, secure and scale well
– Integrate other cloud services to game servers
– Participate in designing client/backend communication protocols
– Collaboration with other developers, designers, and artists
We are seeking consultants who are skilled in the following technologies:
– Minimum 3 years of server programming experience leading to mastery of relevant skills and technologies
– Strong Java programming skills
– Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
– Good knowledge and experience of GAE cloud platform
– Experience building and operating scalable applications for a high load of users
– Proficiency with C#, Python, Bash or other languages is a strong plus
– Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
Location: Espoo, Finland
Work: Full time, on-site
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12+ months
Language: English and/or Finnish
Are you interested?
If this opportunity interests you, forward your CV immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.