On behalf of a client representing a Belgian energy supplier, we are looking for a functional analyst with a strong mathematical background to work in one of its in-house software development teams.
Start date: ASAP
Length : 6 months (extendable)
Languages: English (Mandatory) and French OR Dutch (One of these 2 languages is also mandatory)
The analyst will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle: gathering business process definitions and requirements from the business users, designing functional and technical solution specifications, creating test scenarios and assisting users in the user acceptance testing (UAT)as well as providing end-user support.
• Actively participate in an agile software development team
• Understand business processes and requirements related to energy flow management
• Collaborate with the team to break down a business requirement into estimated user stories, refine them to tasks and deliver user stories within a sprint
• Analyze user stories and translate them into the most appropriate conceptual model
• Create business process and functional system documentation using UML-artifacts (use case diagrams, activity diagrams, information models,…)
• Create and execute test scenarios and assist the users during the execution of user acceptance tests
• Raise impediments to the scrum master in time
• Provide support to end-users on (critical) production systems
• Skills to interview end-users
• Ability to work and communicate in a team
• Ability to demo/discuss the sprint result with end-users during a sprint review session and to guide end-users in acceptance testing
Personal Skills & Mindset
• Team player: being flexible to help the team achieve its goals
• Goal-directed attitude: focus on delivering the planned user stories
• Pragmatic approach: prefer talking to people and taking action to solve problems
• Improvement minded: propose new improvement idea’s during the sprint retrospectives
• Ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to advise stakeholders on different possible solutions
• Fluency in the use of the following tools
• UML modeling tools (e.g. Sparx Enterprise Architect)
• Agile software development tools (e.g. MS Visual Studio Team System)
• Documentation-communication tools (e.g. Microsoft Office)
• Knowledge of relational databases and being able to write simple database queries (SQL)
Are you interested?
If you think you have the skills listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. We evaluate applications on a daily basis.