On behalf of a client representing a Belgian energy supplier, we are looking for a .NET Developer Consultant to strengthen a team for various development and support tasks.
Place : Brussels
Start date: ASAP
Length : 6 months (extendable)
Languages: English and Dutch
The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle: adding new product features, maintaining existing features as well as end-user support and bug resolution. The focus will be on back-end development but can also include front-end adaptations. Based on a detailed analysis (UML) and following guidelines and best practices, the candidate will produce qualitative code. The candidate will also participate in the solution design, in collaboration with the technical architect and other development team members. Ideally, the candidate has relevant experience in corporate-wide projects.
• Actively participate in the Scrum-based development team
• Design and implement new functionalities and maintain existing ones
• Automate tests (unit tests, integration tests) as part of the day-to-day work
• Realize end-user support
• Collaborate with operations teams to deploy and configure the software in production
• Communicate with all members of the development team
• Communicate with the technical lead to understand the constraints of the application architecture
• Provide estimations for future development work during product backlog refinements
• Propose improvements
• Master one of both national languages (French/Dutch) and have at least a good
understanding of the other. Be fluent in English (both spoken and written).
Personal Skills & Mindset
• Be an active team player within the scrum team who understands that creating great software is a team effort
• Be able to focus your efforts to deliver customer value
•Be able to work according to the priorities set by the product owner.
• Have an open and transparent mindset to allow for continuous improvement
• Live by boy scouts rule: always leave the code in a better state than the way you found it
• Ability to develop on the .Net platform in a structured way according to the coding conventions and rules.
• Master the technical stack:
o .Net Core & .Net 4.6
o ASP.NET MVC & WebApi
o WCF (when adapting existing applications)
o SqlServer, Entity Framework
o Oracle, NHibernate (when adapting existing applications)
o Basic knowledge of Web Development with an affinity for Angular 7, Bootstrap,
o Design patterns
Are you interested?
If you think you have the skills listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. We evaluate applications on a daily basis.