We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for our client. You would be the specialist who can bring the client’s product to the new level of availability, reliability, security, and cost-effectiveness by measuring and optimizing system performance. In this role, you will also find further ways to automate deployments, scaling, and platform auto-recovery and will improve their monitoring systems.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work on auditing the client’s infrastructure and maintenance practices, developing and prioritizing the enhancement ideas. Also applying best practices for GCP and AWS. In this project, you have a chance to work with other engineers in an agile environment and share knowledge and best practices in a clear and structured way.
The main requirements for this role are:
– Have been working in a DevOps or Site Reliability Role in the past or you might come with a system administration background too
– Have 2+ years of experience with both GCP and AWS
– Strong understanding of building scalable and reliable services
– Have strong experience with container technologies, especially Kubernetes
– Have experience with high-load systems
– Have experience with networking and security
– Ability to program with one or more high-level languages, such as Golang, Java, Python
– Are familiar with SQL databases and in-memory storage
– Have experience with CI/CD. Experience with Gitlab would be a plus
– Have a healthy obsession with metrics, measurement, automation, and reliability in general
– Are fluent in English and might have experience of working in a remote multinational team setting
Location: Remote (Client located in Helsinki, Finland)
Start date: ASAP (negotiable)
Duration: 3-4 months
Language: Fluent English
Are you interested?
If this opportunity interests you and you would like to know more, please forward your CV immediately to email@example.com.