We are looking for an IT Architect expert, focused on the role of Solutions Architect, but closer to system integration than software. The client is in Barcelona, but it can be done remote with punctual visits, to start as soon as possible.
The project started at the beginning of last year but we had to replace the architect. The expected ending is before summer, but the client may have more projects with needs of this profile afterwards. The customer is a well-known international company that has acquired a new company and is migrating and integrating the POS (points of sale) into the ERP of the group.
The candidate will have total autonomy, must have that knowledge of the role of Project Manager, although there is already a PM in the team. He must have had experience as such, so that he can plan, meet deadlines, manage resources, coordinate all the people under his command, etc. He will report directly to the IT Director and must inform him of what has been done, and not asking him for the next steps since all the vision, planning and development will depend on the candidate.
Place: Barcelona or Remote.
Type of Work: Full time.
Start date: ASAP.
Duration: Until before summer.
Language: Spanish and English.
More information about the project and the tasks of the candidate. This is the info related to the project before it started. Now, in the last third of it, it could have changed, shifting from the planning to the execution side, take that into consideration. But by analysing this, you may have a better understanding of the project and what it involved from the very beginning.
• Develop and maintain overview of the application landscape.
• Develop and maintain an overview of data interdependencies and interfaces within the application landscape.
• Build a roadmap for application landscape according to guidelines of local and global IT strategy.
• Define requirements for new applications, change of existing applications and interfaces between applications.
• Business partnering and interaction with relevant stakeholders within the branch and the main offices.
• Take part and follow-up on development projects to ensure that development activities are done according to requirements and overall application landscape roadmap and a small role of business analyst.
Specific integration responsibilities:
• Assessment of current applications in company 1 and company 2.
• Develop and maintain overview of current application landscape in both companies
• Build a roadmap for the company “to be” application landscape
• Take part in the integration project as subject matter expert on data and systems architecture and a small role of a business analyst.
Required education, skills, and experience
• Bachelor´s or master’s degree in computer science.
• Formal training or education in systems architecture.
• Min. 5 years’ experience from a similar role.
• Holds insight in general functionality of ERP systems.
• Has knowledge of building application interfaces and integrating systems/applications.
• Has insight into IT security on the application level.
If you are interested in this project, please, send your CV right now to firstname.lastname@example.org